Monday, July 7, 2008

Hometown Baseball

There's something great about baseball. I don't necessarily love the game, but going to see a game, big-time or hometown, is always fun! This was our night for hometown baseball fun.













The kids have been talking about going to see a 66ers game to see "Bernie" (the mascot) since he came to an assembly at their schools. We hadn't thought much about it, but after going to Del Taco we got free tickets, so we thought it'd be something fun to do as a family and have our friends come too!










The Odenbaughs, my Papa, my niece and James sister and her family all came with us. The babies did great! JT took a power nap and was awake for most of the night.
Grady had fun talking to the O's and making faces at JT. I love the pic of the boys with Leighann & I at their first baseball game. :)It's going to be fun to watch them grow up together, they're just a little over a year apart.I'm not sure which boys had more fun, the babies or the daddies :)- good friends are irreplaceable!


The kids (Zach, Grace and Hope) weren't too interested in the actual game0-well neither were we, but thought the whole experience was great! We sat 3 rows from the front (it's not that big of a stadium) and they got to see Bernie up close. Zach and Grace both made friends and played behind the outfield in the grass. We all got a little snack (thanks, Mr. O the ice cream was yummy) and stayed til everyone was getting restless, the company was the best part. I guess we left too early though, as the game got interesting after we left.
We had a fun night and you can't beat it for free tickets and only $20 in food & parking. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad you guys had fun and that the babies did so great even though it was late (ha, I made a rhyme).