Some time back Gracie had complained of her bottom front tooth hurting her. I checked her mouth, thinking I'd find a sore on the inside of her lip or a cavity. Nope, her adult tooth was growing in behind her baby tooth. I called the dentist thinking they might pull the one in front. They assured me it was "normal" and something they see all the time and in it's own time the adult tooth would push the baby tooth out. At this point the baby tooth wasn't even loose. So, we've waited...
Gracie had begun wiggling her baby tooth and just this week started saying that it was hurting her. Still, it wasn't loose enough and she'd barely even let me touch it, let alone wiggle it.
All morning she wiggled and wiggled her tooth and we could see it was ready to come out. She pulled on it a little too hard because she made it bleed and then came the TEARS. You would have thought she was dying! Anyone that knows Gracie knows that she is drama and if she does ever get hurt you can't tell between a hang nail or a broken leg. Thankfully James had just walked in the door and he was attempting to deal with her, but then came the SCREAMING and KICKING! We tried talking to her, but to no avail. After multiple attempts on James part, it was my turn to try to pull out the loose tooth. Finally James ended up sitting on her trapping her arms and legs, so she couldn't kick my belly. I had to pry her mouth open and with one little tug it was out!
At that moment I thought, I'd hate to see her 20 years from now when she has to birth her own baby! I'm certainly glad it'll be a while. I seriously have enough drama!
Here's the picture after she stopped acting like she was demon possessed!hehe! I'm a mean momma; I told her she acted so horribly that the tooth fairy might not even come. (don't worry, I'm not that mean, it'll still come) But you should have seen her! Anyway, all is well now and she says she can't wait for the other tooth to grow in!

2 comments:
I love how her eyes are puffy from crying.... but you can still see the joy of losing her first tooth!
that exact thing happened to Morgan with her two bottom teeth & the dentist told me the same thing. Hang in there Grace. ;)
Post a Comment