Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanksgiving

Original post...Nov 27th
I find it a little dis-heartening that society as a whole only thinks about what they are thankful for during the holiay season. How is that, although we are enormously blessed all year long, we find it sufficient to give thanks only once a year. I too am guilty of not vocalizing how thankful I am on a daily basis for how good my life is, how wonderful and faithful my God is. I get caught up in the day to day reality of cooking, cleaning, driving here and there, taking care of kids, paying bills, etc... not that these things aren't important, but in all of these things I have so much to be thankful for. So I thought I'd start a new trend. Every week, I'm going to make a list of things that I am grateful for in the previous week, not just random tid bits about my week, but 7 things I am thankful for, however trivial they might seem.

Today is my 31st birthday so I thought I'd list 31 things that I am greatful for.
1. My Saviour
2. God's grace
3. Being cancer free
4. My husband and that he takes such good care of us
5. Being a momma
6. Zachary
7. Gracie
8. Hope
9. Grady
10. Wesley
11. My family
12. That our parents live close & are active in our lives
13. The relationship my kids have with their grandparents
14.The relationships I have with my siblings
15. Our church
16. The freedom to worship freely in our country
17. Great mentors
18. That James has a job in the midst of economic uncertainty
19. Our home, when so many people are loosing theirs
20. Good health for the rest of my family
21. An amazing Doctor who truly cares for and understands our family
22. That my kids have gotten to know my Grandmas and my Mauma
23. Amazing friends
24. A reliable car to drive
25. The weather in California
26. Our soldiers who fight for our freedom
27. Being able to stay at home with my kids
28. The Bible
29. Being able to pursue my love of photography and share it woth others
30. Music...it sooths my soul and invigorates me to continue living my crazy life
31. Chocolate :)

While some of the items on my list go often go unsaid it felt good to actually write them all down.
We are headed down to my mom's house in San Marcos to have a big family Thanksgiving dinner. There will be 24 of us, a truly blended family...My step mom, her mom, my mom and papa, my Mauma (my dad's mom), my sister and her husband, their 2 kids, her in-laws and brother in-law, my sister and her boyfriend, my sister, her husband & their baby and then all 7 of us! It's really crazy how well we all get along given all the drama that has occured over the years between everyone there, but that is something I am really grateful for.
Anyway, hope your Thanksgiving is a great day spent with great family and yummy food!

No comments: