Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-or-Treat

The kids love getting all dressed up for Halloween. I have to admit, although I hate how much candy they get, it is sooo much fun to see them all dressed up in their cute costumes. (Wesley is cowboy,hehe!) We got all dressed up and headed to Trinity Church for their Halloween Happenin'. There was so much for the kids to do, booths to play games, food to eat, face painting, a cake walk, a treat trail, a magic show, live music and plenty of candy to be eaten. We met my parents there and they provided some reinforcement for the troops :) We saw lots of friends there too! After over an hour we decided to head home(it turns into a zoo).

Hope and Grady both got their faces painted and Hoper was excited because the painting lady was dressed as Minnie Mouse too!
Zach and Grace wanted to stay for the magic show and Hope wanted to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood, so the big kids stayed with Nana & Papa and the other 5 of us made our way down our street for Hope to trick-or treat.

Zach is Darth Vader. He was upset though, because he didn't have a light "saver" hehe!Gracie is Sharpey from High School Musical. Not very many adults knew who she was, but the kids did. Like the hand motion? Jamesy was encouraging her to pose :)Minnie Mouse...need I say more? She is sooo cute. I had to make her ears at the last minute because the Disney store was sold out (I made a trip to Inland Center after checking on online and seeing they still had them in stock. Only to find out that the online system doesn't accurately portray their stock. Arggh!), but they turned out pretty cute. Thank goodness for hot glue guns :)This puppy says, "woof, woof" or "CoCo" (our dog's name is CoCo) depending on when you ask him. He was a little taller than I had thought, but I guess I should know that...look how his shoes totally hang out the bottom. Oh well, he was cute anyway.
It was a fun night for us all and ended with WAY too much candy! I think we've mastered the candy divvying though. Once we are home, we dump every one's bag onto the floor and start to sort it. Each kid then gets to choose as many pieces as they are old, so Zach got to choose 8 pieces, Gracie 6, Hoper 4 and Grady 1! I'm sure at some point they'll beg for more, but for now it works:) Last year we then dumped the remainder of the candy into our bowl and handed it all out ! This year we didn't have our light on, so we now have a bowl full of candy that I'm sure James & I will eat too much of! :)

Hope you all had a fun night!

1 comment:

Charlee said...

I use some of Breven's candy to hand out with ours so I say he got low and he only gets 1/2 the candy