I was changing Grady Thursday morning and noticed a bit of a rash the minute I unzipped his jammies, as I took them off I realized the rash was bad and covering his little body! He wasn't acting weird, just a little wheezy. So I took the big kids to school and then stopped by the Dr's. At first they thought is was a viral rash, but he hadn't had a fever... after taking a closer look decided it was hives. Since we already had steroids for Grady's breathing the Dr said to give him a dose and it should go away. We contributed it to garlic...It was the only thing I could think of that he had not been exposed to. I had made a pasta with a garlic sauce and so we thought that was what it was. By the afternoon the rash had disappeared. Yeah, we thought!
Friday morning though, Grady woke up really wheezing and with a fever. I gave him some tylenol and continued on with our day. He was a little fussy most of the day, but what can you do?
Last night (Friday night) Grady did not sleep well at all, so we had him in our bed. He had a fever on and off and tossed and turned all night long. He seemed to have a bit of a tummy ache, so I gave him some tummy drops towards the morning. When James gave him his bottle early this morning we noticed he was breaking out again. When I woke up I looked at my baby and he was covered with hives, worse than the last time :(
Thinking back, okay it probably wasn't the garlic...The only thing that he had both Wednesday night and Friday night(other than things he has every day with no problem) were those tummy drops. We bought a new kind last time around and that is the only thing I can think of. It's so sad, he is all swollen and the rash is raised off his skin. I took some pictures both days, but the ones I took this am are better. So, here is what hives looks like, in case you were wondering...
This last picture is a bit deceiving, he looks so happy, but he is quite miserable today :( I'm guessing we will have to start a round of allergy testing in hopes of determining what he is allergic to. For now, another dose of steroids and a trip to Loma Linda if it gets worse. We'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
oohhh maaannnnn! You seriosly cant get a break in that house can you? Bummer!!
Post a Comment