It saddens me that my baby is nearly six months and could be eating baby/people food soon. I am wondering where the time has gone. Since he watches our each and every bite as we eat our meals I figured I'd try some real food. For about 2 weeks we've been giving Grady a mesh food holder for him to suck on.He's had cantelope, bananas and green beans all of which he seemd to enjoy. So I thought we'd try some homemade baby food.
3 easy steps- (that is to a screaming baby, haha!) 1)choose food 2)process it in the food processor with water & stir until its really liquidy. I actually took the picture before I liquified it & after he gagged the first time.
3 comments:
I agree.........green beans? eeewwwww. Listen to me Grady; stick with the milk! :)
haha... I love the progression of the pictures... he looks so much happier with the bottle. I guess you still have a bit more time :)
Hi Faith,
I just found your new blog through a link on Christy's blog. Lo and behold, I find a link to my blog already here. How fun!! Of course, I have kinf of fallen off the face of the earth lately. I guess I better get back to it, huh?
I did the homemade baby food thing too. I only did fresh fruits and Veggies though. Canned ones don't taste very good to me, so I don't figure the baby is going to be terribly impressed with them either. As far as Grady's reaction...just let him lead the way. He may just not be quite ready for solids yet. All of my kids have developed an interest at different times. Those that started eating later, are also the ones that had allergies or sensitive digestive systems. They didn't have any of those issues with nursing or bottle feeding. I guess they knew more than the pediatrician and the Mommy. 8^)
Post a Comment