Thursday, December 3, 2009

Verses to claim

I've been struggling a little at home with the kids. Both their attitudes and their behavior, as well as James and mine have not been reflecting what God wants from us. So, someone very wise and thoughtful, (Thanks Di) gave me the idea to claim a verse for each of them and pray it over them, as well as to claim verses for areas of our home that need peace, quiet and calm-which is pretty much every room, but specifically in our classroom ;)
I am so excited about this. I spent quite a bit of time reading scripture and praying about which verses to use for each child and area of our home. I found just the right verses for each of them and I just ordered them online, so I can inscribe them on the walls above each of their doors!!! Once I get them and put them on the walls, I'll take pictures and post them!
Onward and Upwards...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That is such a great idea (to claim and pray a verse over each kid)! I'm going to do it too. Thanks! We missed you Friday, but I'm glad you are doing better. I made some birthday cookies for you...but I'll bring a new back next Tmoms. :)

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

what a great idea. will you paint it or do it vinyl?