I can't believe that school has already begun...It doesn't seem possible that summer is over, well almost anyway. We did the usual before school shopping and got Zach new shoes and a new backpack and we was very excited to get a 'different' backpack. Out of all the backpacks, he chose a messenger bag. :) I think he was ready to go back and have a more regular routine.
Zach and Momma right before getting on the bus!
Zach and Daddy...
I had a sick feeling this morning and continued wondering if I should be homeschooling him too.:(
He rode the bus and I drove to school so I could meet his teacher and get him into his class, since it was a new school.
The good thing about SDC is that the bus service is free and it's door to door!
Last week when I went to fill out some paperwork at the school, we met the principal and he recognized Zach this morning and stopped and said hello and made sure we knew where his class was. I was pleasantly surprised, given our principal experience last year :) His teacher seems really kind, but I was disappointed to learn that he is the ONLY 4th grader in his combo class of 5th and 6th graders and his class is ALL boys. I was told by the district that there would be other 4th graders, but apparently not :( In the coming days and weeks I will be praying for Zach and his schooling. At least I know I can take him out and home school him if things don't work out. As the bell rang I watched them all line up and got tears in my eyes. Zach looked so little next to all of those boys. One of the boys was as tall as me and another one had facial hair! My baby boy is only 9, I don't want him to feel any sort of 'big kid' pressures...On the other hand this could always be good for him academically, so we will just wait and see. I waited until I left the school and got to my car before I let the tears actually fall :( It seems really silly, but I feel like we're doing the wrong thing by sending him to school and keeping the girls home...I will be praying about keeping him home too. Please pray for us too, that in whatever choice we make Zachary will thrive and have a great 4th grade year and we can glorify God.
One more week and then the girls and I will start school too, then the real fun will begin :)
2 comments:
I know this can be a very personal issue and if you dont want to answer its ok by me, but I am wondering whay is Zach in special education? Is it cognative or is it behavioral? I ask because I am concered about this with Breven in the future if things don't get better with his behavior and sensory issues. You can send me a message via email if you would like.
I will pray for Zach and your family to make the right choice for him and his future!
prayin for your family that God would give you peace and direction as you seek His will for Zach schooling.
Post a Comment