Thursday, September 17, 2009

School

Being part of a charter has many benefits and getting funding for supplies and curriculum is definitely one of them! We are working through a variety of unit studies and they are all literacy based curriculum, so we will be borrowing a lot of books from the library. We've already made 4 trips with about 15 books each time :) The girls are loving exploring the library and seeing how many options there are for learning through books. (Note to self...taking a 1yr old and a 2 1/2 to the library while strapped in a stroller while big sisters explore for hours is not the best idea) In addition to the books we need to supplement our actual curriculum, they get to each choose two books that interest them. The first week I think we came home with a book about wrestling and a book on piano. The book on piano was great and they even learned a few songs, the wrestling book, ummm not so much!

Our ES came today and delivered everything that we ordered, finally!! It felt like Christmas, as I opened 5 boxes of books, supplies and a computer monitor. All the kids (Grady and Zach included) sat for a good hour and looked through all the books and wanted to know if they could do art, write stories and do more school, it made me happy to see them so eager to learn and actively participate.
*** I thought about taking a picture, but just wanted to get everything put away as we are leaving on our cruise in the morning, so after I had put it all away I regretted having not taken a picture***

We won't get through all the books before Christmas break, but I'm sure as we go along I'll need to order some other things as well. For now, I am anxious to dig in and see what new and fun things we can learn together :)

No comments: